Monday, December 11, 2006

 

Amplifications, interpretations...

Finally, some responses thanks to thewhitehatpeople - check the side bar for a new linking category.

If you want me to link to you, be sure and include your url please! And do it after you've linked, because sometimes spammers just want links posted.

I'm inspired to respond to commenters and their stories, but I don't know if you want me to. One of postsecret's infuriating charms is its almost constant letting the speakers speak without trying to create a conversation which might intrude.

So I won't comment directly, much as I'd like to, except for a couple of general ones. If you want dialogue, I invite emails to tellthemday at yahoo.com. If readers care to comment, have at it. That way planners and tellers can get responses if they like.

Putting yourself out there, as they say, is about the act, not about the reaction. Bravery is a personal character trait not dependent on what other people do about your courage. Take your shot, for yourself. That's who owns your life, isn't it?

It's NOT weak or sad to have difficulty with telling people things. It's a sign of decency and respect. Nor is it sad to need a little help, that's the idea here.

Second, several people who are thinking of telling tough secrets are caught on the hurt it will cause. I've been on both sides of that conversation. For what my experience is worth, being deceived hurt way more and lots longer than being rejected.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?